GemTalk Systems is pleased to announce the latest release of our flagship product, GemStone/S 64 Bit version 3.2. With many new features, API and code improvements, and a large number of bug fixes, we encourage all GemStone users to upgrade to this new version.
Major New Features in Version 3.2:
- Multi-threaded, configurable Page Reclaim with improved Reclaim Gem API
- Fix for SSL “heart bleed” bug
- Faster Smalltalk virtual machine
- New and improved indexing and querying, with a new API and many new features
- Support for clients on 64-bit Microsoft Windows®
- Support for huge (more than 256 GB) shared page caches on Linux
- Hot standby now supports SSL connections
- Improved support for extended characters
- New external session framework wrapping GciInterface
Please see the Release Notes for a complete list of changes in 3.2.
New keyfiles are required for this release; older keyfiles cannot be used. To acquire a new keyfile for existing customers or for evaluation, write to email@example.com. For information on keyfiles for the Web Edition, see Web Edition Pricing and FAQ.
A completely updated set of documentation is provided for version 3.2:
Install Guide for Linux
Install Guide for Solaris
Install Guide for AIX
Install Guide for Mac/Darwin
Install Guide for Windows Client
GemBuilder for C
Topaz Programming Guide
VSD User’s Guide
In addition, GemBuilder for Smalltalk, GemConnect, and GemBuilder for Java have new releases for compatibility with GemStone/S 64 Version 3.2:
- GBS v7.6.1 for VisualWorks Release Notes, Installation Guide and Download.
- GBS v5.4.2 for VA Smalltalk Release Notes, Installation Guide and Download.
- GemConnect v2.3 Release Notes, Installation Guide, and download for Liunx, Solaris/SPARC, Solaris/x86, AIX, and Mac.
- GBJ v3.1.1 Release Notes, Installation Guide, and Download.