Support for the Open-source Development Kit for GemStone/S 64 Bit, GLASS and Seaside is provided by an active community composed of application developers, tools developers, and including GemTalk Engineers.
To join this conversation,
You’ll probably also want to look at these blog posts D by our engineer, Dale Henrichs:
- Why Glass?
- Glass 101: Disposable Gems, Durable Data
- Glass 101: Simple Persistence
- Transparent Persistence for Seaside
- Making the Leap from RDBMS to Persistent Objects
- Unlimited GemStone/S VMs in Every Garage and a Stone in Every Pot
The free Community Edition licenses do not provide for specific help requests with GemTalk Systems Technical Support. Customers with paid subscription or support contracts may submit tickets to GemTalk Systems, particularly for issues that involve or are are related to the GemStone/S 64 Bit code base. The Development Kit itself is not provided directly by GemTalk Systems, and support for issues that are specific to the Development Kit are not subject to GemTalk Techincal Support SLA.